You’re planning your next holiday and no one seems to be available. Everyone has their own plans and sometimes the dates don’t match. You’re about to forget about it and relax at home, when suddenly you wonder why you need someone. If this is how you feel and if you haven’t yet had this experience, we would like to show you a few destinations for first-time solo travellers. At the end of these lines the most difficult thing will be to choose just one.
Which first-time solo travel destinations will you love?
There are many destinations to travel alone for the first time. Of course, at Camping Villasol you will feel at home, in a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, but with endless activities and in a town as lively as Benidorm.
Without a doubt, camping life is simple and within everyone’s reach. That’s why it can be a great option for your first solo getaway. In the following sections we will look at others and be aware that they are also perfect destinations for travelling alone.
- Stockholm. It is the capital of Sweden and is one of the safest destinations on the European continent. This makes it an ideal city for a single person to travel alone and then move through its streets unaccompanied. You will be struck by its beautiful buildings and there are plenty of monuments, museums and neighbourhoods to visit. You won’t be bored at any time and your only concern is what to see the next day.
- Lisbon. Lisbon is a big city, but with the calm that comes from having the sea nearby. It has a great charm, its people are friendly and you can enjoy its gastronomy without making a big investment. You will love its old town, the Alfama, Chiado and Belém neighbourhoods, but you can also visit nearby towns such as Sintra and Estoril.
- Santiago de Chile. Many people believe that the south of America is dangerous, and in some cases it is, but in others you can enjoy the experience with a few precautions. And then there is Santiago de Chile. Chile is the safest country in the Americas, second only to Canada, and its capital also offers all the guarantees you need for solo travel. Although there is a lot to see, we recommend that you don’t miss the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Palacio de la Moneda, Parque O’Higgins or some of its museums, such as the Museum of Memory and Human Rights. Besides, it’s not all about the city, you can also visit natural sites such as the Cerro de San Cristóbal or Santa Lucía.
- Vancouver. After what we have said in the previous section, we can’t fail to recommend a Canadian city for your solo trip. It is true that you will have to save a little, as the standard of living in this country is very high, but if you manage to do it, it will be worth it. It is a cosmopolitan city with a wide range of cultural offerings, but at the same time it is surrounded by nature. Don’t miss Chinatown, English Bay, the Art Gallery and Gastown.
- San Francisco. It is a safe city… if you know it well. That is, it does have some trouble spots that you should avoid. If you do, you’ll discover one of the most incredible destinations and you’re sure to feel like you’ve known it all your life. Movies and TV series have made its streets and houses very familiar to everyone. You can’t miss one of the most emblematic bridges in the world, the Golden Gate Bridge, its City Hall, San Francisco Bay and the spectacular Alcatraz Prison, another very cinematographic setting.
- Kyoto. We jump continents again and this time we come to Japan. It is a more original destination than others, although it must be said that in recent years it has become quite popular. The area combines tradition and history with modernity and innovation. The whole country is safe, the people are respectful and you will feel both cared for and welcomed during your trip. Visit some of its castles, temples and shrines. Also enjoy its gastronomy, its landscapes and its smell. These will be unforgettable days.
- España. We have saved our country for last and not to recommend a specific city. We are fortunate to live in a peaceful and safe place in general. With great contrasts, incredible gastronomy, experiences of all kinds and a hospitable atmosphere in every corner. It will always be a great choice to go alone or in company.
It is clear that outside our borders there are incredible destinations to travel alone for the first time, but if you choose to stay, don’t miss Camping Villasol. You won’t regret it.