We’ve been in confinement for over a month now, and if we don’t start with some basic exercise routines, we’re going to feel our bodies numb and inactive. Although it may be hard if you are not used to it, there are exercises to do at home that are just as effective or more effective than those we do outside. Today we are going to recommend some of them so that you can start a healthy routine for the days of confinement which are to come, for sure, won’t be many more!
But, first of all, if we haven’t convinced you yet, let’s review the advantages that maintaining a home exercise routine offers to our bodies. At this moment, apart from the basics, such as losing weight or reducing the risk of suffering from certain diseases, exercising at home is as essential as maintaining a positive mood. At Camping Villasol we are aware of this, that is why we have lots of facilities to practise sport that you would be able to enjoy as soon as we open bookings again.
What is the purpose of exercising?
Exercising has many advantages. If you’re not used to it, it’s probably to be hard at first, so it’s best to start slowly and work up to a higher intensity as you get in better shape. Besides, it is not necessary to have a gym at home, as we will see later, it is possible to practice several exercises with things we have at home or even start practicing yoga for beginners at home, but before that… let’s see why it is useful to do exercise at home.
- Controlling your weight: it is clear that exercising helps to control and lose weight, as long as it is accompanied by a healthy diet, so you must also take care of what you eat, so be careful, confinement is not an excuse to eat too much.
- Boost your mood: Exercising makes our bodies release chemicals that help improve mood and reduce stress, which is essential at this time.
- Sleeping better: exercising exhausts us, so let’s take advantage of the fatigue to promote our sleep schedules and rest properly.
- Quitting smoking: exercise helps to calm our cravings, so if you smoke, it’s the perfect time to try to give it up.
- Lengthen your life expectancy: exercise helps prevent cardiovascular and bone disease. Studies show that regular exercise helps avoid the most common causes of death such as heart disease and cancer.
- Strengthen your bones and muscles: Establishing an exercise routine from a young age helps to strengthen bones and muscles so that diseases that may affect them in the future can be prevented.
Exercises you can practice at home
Now that we have seen all the benefits that practicing exercises at home can bring, it is time to make some suggestions of practices that you can do at home without equipment or gym machines.
- Training with steps: it is not necessary to have a staircase, a simple step is enough to use it to practice step. We can change the steps for some low stool that we usually use to reach the highest cabinets in the kitchen. If you are looking for another level, you can also use them to do declining push-ups.
- Exercise with chairs: we can use the chairs as a support, also, to do declined flexions, or use them as a support to bend the legs or, if the chair is strong enough, use it to jump with the legs together.
- Exercising with towels: the stiffness of the towels is perfect for exercising. Above all, it allows us to keep our arms taut if we hold it after twisting it. By holding it straight, we can raise our arms above our heads and lower them again. There are many exercises with a towel, as you can see in the following video:
- Exercising with a broom: the stiffness of the broom handle allows us to stretch. We can place it behind our neck and, holding it with our hands, turn our chest from left to right and vice versa; we can also lie down horizontally and take advantage of the stick to raise it from our waist to above our head.
- Yoga for beginners at home: another way to exercise, without any object and that will also help us to relax, are yoga postures for beginners. If this is a practice that appeals to you, the best thing we can do is recommend that you follow YouTube channels of experts who can guide you, such as Xuan Lan Yoga.
- Exercise without objects: a room with enough space and your own body, that’s all you need. Do you remember the gym classes at school? I’m sure you’ll remember exercises such as squats, push-ups, sit-ups, knee lifts, etc. We recommend that you look for series with more or less intensity, depending on your fitness level. You will see how you can practice exercise without even moving from the site.
As you can see, there are many exercises to do at home that we can all practice without machines or accessories. The main need is to have the necessary motivation to establish a healthy routine that, as you have seen, has many benefits. If you accompany it with a proper diet, we are sure that your body will appreciate it and it will be ready to continue exercising once we can go out again.
It’s not long until we see each other again at Camping Villasol!