Many parents complain that their children’s leisure time is practically monopolised by technology. Although it’s impossible to separate our lives from technological progress, numerous studies show the harm that overexposure to screens can cause to children. Technology is a simple resource and it keeps kids entertained like few others. For this reason, many parents turn to it more frequently than is desirable. However, kids can be given healthier alternatives. For example, camping. To ensure they have even more fun they can use their own kids’ tents. This post details everything you need to know when buying one. Take note!
Discover everything there is to know about kids’ tents
Do you have lots of questions before buying a kids’ tent? Relax. We’ll answer these below. Are you ready?
Are all kids’ tents suitable for camping?
Not only are kids’ tents designed for camping, but there are some models that are designed especially for children’s bedrooms. This is a great idea as it allows kids to enjoy fun-filled adventures within their own room.
They’ll give their imagination free rein and invent different, exciting stories. It’s a wonderful choice as going camping is something that only happens a few times a year, however, kids can go camping in their own bedroom or games room every day.
Activities like this are fabulous for children as they stimulate their imagination. It’s a great alternative to other forms of fun, such as those mentioned at the beginning: all those related to technology. For this reason, a play tent can be an excellent choice, as long as you have the space for it.
There are tons of designs available on the market so you’re bound to find one that suits your children. Additionally, they come in various sizes, although we must insist that you’ll need a certain amount of space for this kind of item.
What requirements must kids’ tents meet?
In the previous point we mentioned that there are different tent designs for your child’s bedroom and there is also a wide variety in terms of camping tents. In both cases, safety must be at the forefront of your mind, particularly if the tent is to be used outdoors as it will be exposed to different weather conditions.
In addition, it’s very important the tent adapts to the size of your child. Try to ensure it’s not too small as its use will be limited to a few years or even months. Bear in mind that kids grow so quickly.
Here are some important requirements the kids’ tent you choose for your children must meet:
- Waterproof. Even if you go camping in good weather you can always be surprised by a storm. That’s why it’s very important that the tent you choose is waterproof. That way you can still use it even if it rains.
- Stable. The tent should offer great stability and you should be able to easily assemble it outdoors.
- Fresh fabric. People usually go camping in summer, which is why it’s extremely important that the fabric used to make a kids’ tent is fresh inside, not only at night, but also during the day when it’s hotter.
- Washable. Parents know that their children are capable of getting everything dirty. For this reason the tent’s fabric should be washable as much as possible.
- Hypoallergenic. Unfortunately, allergies are increasingly common so it’s vital that the tent’s fabric is hypoallergenic.
- Windows. It’s good for kids’ tents to have small plastic windows so your little one can see outside and feel more relaxed.
- Assembly. The tent’s assembly should be easy, and ideally your child should be able to do it with the help of an adult.
- Space. This is underlining something we mentioned above: the tent should be relatively spacious. It must be a sufficient size to ensure your child is comfortable inside it. You should also take this aspect into consideration if more than one child will be sleeping inside it.
- Design. Try to ensure the design is as attractive as possible to your child. You may be more interested in it being practical, comfortable and safe but your little one will notice its appearance first so try to find one they’ll like. Choosing one together is a good idea. Of course, make sure you set certain limits.
As you’ll have seen, opting for a kids’ tent is a great idea, whether you want to use one indoors or outdoors. With the advice we’ve offered above, you’ll be able to choose the best model for your child. You already know that all of us here at Villasol Campsite are here to help with any questions you may have.