What to do with your children this summer? If you already know that you are looking for a different and much more fun option than a hotel or flats, pay attention to all these tips for a family holidays at a campsite. They will help you to spend some unforgettable days.
What tips for a family camping holidays will help you plan your stay?
Take note of these tips for a family camping holidays:
- Make the whole family experience it. For many, camping life is the real life. But if you want everyone in your family to enjoy it, you have to make them live the experience. Before you go, tell them about all the things they will be able to do during those days.
- Accommodation. Campsites offer different accommodation options. Analyse which one best suits your family’s needs. Consider whether you are going with a baby or an elderly person to make your choice.
- Just take the essentials, no more, no less. Once you have chosen the type of accommodation, think about everything you will need to take with you. Staying in a tent is not the same as staying in a caravan or a bungalow. Bear this in mind so that you don’t overpack or miss what you haven’t taken with you.
- Weather. It is very important that you know more or less what the weather is going to be like. Although it is better if it is good, nothing will prevent you from enjoying those days if the weather conditions are not suitable, as long as you take everything you will need for those days.
- Early departure. Head out early on the day you leave for the campsite. This way you can have everything ready in a few hours and maybe you can start enjoying the experience that same day.
What requirements must a campsite meet for a family holiday?
In addition to putting into practice the advice you have seen in the previous section, you should also look for a campsite that is designed for families. Its facilities are essential. That is to say, that it has a series of services that make both parents and children have an incredible holiday, these are some of them:
- Restaurante. Cuando estás de camping, no siempre tienes por qué cocinar. De hecho, ni siquiera tienes que hacerlo en algún momento de tus vacaciones, es algo que eliges tú. Por eso, un requisito debe ser que tenga un restaurante con comidas para toda la familia. Además, disfrutarás mucho de este servicio, aunque solo sea para tomarte un café o una cerveza de vez en cuando.
- Restaurant. When you’re camping, you don’t always have to cook. In fact, you don’t even have to do it at all – it’s your choice. That’s why it should be a requirement that you have a restaurant with meals for the whole family. Besides, you’ll really enjoy this service, even if it’s just for a coffee or a beer from time to time.
- Children’s entertainment. Although children in a campsite will always find a way to have fun, there is no denying that having an entertainment service for them is a great option. They can do activities throughout the day and night and it will be extra fun for the whole family.
- Sports. It is also in your interest to look for a campsite where you can do different sports activities. For example, it may have football, tennis or basketball courts.
- Sea. Having the sea nearby is always the best plan. It is true that there are inland campsites with attractive offers, but there is nothing like having the beach nearby.
- Swimming pool. Although the sea is close by, the swimming pool is also a must. Most children like it almost more than the beach and will enjoy many games and activities. In addition, it allows parents to be a little calmer, although you can never lose sight of the little ones. By the way, if you also have a heated pool it will be an extra and will come in handy at many times of the year.
- Kids Club. Surely you are looking forward to having a little time for yourselves during your next holiday. There is nothing better than having a children’s club so that the entertainers can spend some time doing different activities with your children.
- Shows. Entertainment is not only for children, but also for the whole family. So you can look for a campsite that has this kind of activities and offers you some entertainment in the evening.
- Surroundings. It would also be good if it is as far as possible a natural environment, where you can enjoy a walk or a hiking route.
- Easy booking. Of course, you have to have a campsite that offers you all the facilities you need to plan your holidays. With an intuitive website where you can discover all its services.
- Camper care. Once you are at the campsite you need to have a responsive team who can help you if you get into trouble. For example, if one of your children gets sick. If it’s a family campsite, they will be on hand to help you find the care you deserve.
At Villasol we offer you everything you have seen. From today we look forward to your visit so that you can put into practice all the tips for family holidays that you now know.