Do you know what is one of the best gifts for the elderly? Without a doubt, spending time with their grandchildren. It is something that a large number of them do throughout the year. It is true that these are moments that are very enjoyable, but at the end of the day it is also a great responsibility to take care of them. For this reason, one of the best ways to compensate for their good work is to plan a holiday for the children to travel with grandparents. From Camping Villasol, as experts in tourist accommodation, we give you a few tips so that you can enjoy a great experience.
What tips will help you when travelling with grandparents?
Although it is ideal for children to go on holiday with their parents, work and other responsibilities sometimes make this impossible. On other occasions it is decided for other reasons. Whatever the reason, the following tips for travelling with grandparents will help you to enjoy a happy holiday:
- Plan well. The first thing to do is to find a suitable place for the trip. The destination should facilitate family life and be prepared for both children and the elderly. It should have different essential services in the accommodation, but also in the surrounding area. It is best if it is not too far from an urban centre. This way, if you need to buy something, go to the chemist or even to the doctor, it will be easier. Our campsite meets this requirement perfectly.
- Adapted facilities. This is always interesting, but especially when one of the grandparents is not fully independent. In such cases, it would be best to travel with the parents as well. We say this because it seems difficult for the other grandparent to take care of both their partner and the children. Our facilities are prepared to accommodate people with mobility problems. If this is your case, please talk to our team before booking.
- Special care. Continuing along the same lines as the previous point and without repeating ourselves, it is good that you inform both the means of transport and the accommodation. Above all, if you need any additional service. If you will have a kitchen to prepare the children’s meals or if the restaurant has special menus for all kinds of people. This is also something we offer you in Camping Villasol, you just have to tell us what you need.
- Activities. Children have a lot of energy, so it is necessary to plan a good number of activities. The chosen destination should be prepared for children to have a great time. For example, a swimming pool is almost essential, as is the proximity to the beach. In addition, you can have other quieter moments and to achieve this you only have to take along some games for adults and children. They may be more modern, but parcheesi, goose, checkers, cards… they never fail. I’m sure the grandchildren are looking forward to enjoying great moments with their grandparents.
- Documentation. It is essential that you prepare all the necessary documentation so that the grandchildren can travel with their grandparents. If you are travelling by car, health cards and ID cards, if they have them, will be enough in most cases. On planes, they are more demanding and you will have to find out what each airline requires. In any case, we recommend that you carry a paper signed by the parents authorising the trip. It is not usually necessary, but it is better to do so and avoid complications if any problems arise during the trip.
- Packing. This is one of the biggest challenges whenever you go on holiday, but especially when you go on holiday with children. An adult can more or less calculate the amount of clothes he or she will need, but with the little ones it gets complicated, as you never know how many hours the clothes you put on them will last. If you come to our campsite, this won’t be a problem. We have a laundry area with washing machines, dryers and even an ironing board.
- Medicines. Even if you are going to an area where health care is easily accessible, it is advisable to always carry a good first aid kit. Of course, with all the prescribed treatments, but also with some painkillers, antihistamines and any others that you think are convenient. If you are travelling by plane, it is almost essential to take your prescriptions with you. In the case of children, especially if they are travelling without their parents, it is even more important to do so to avoid problems.
- A desire to have fun. Of course, what you can’t miss when setting off on an adventure is the desire to have fun and to collect unforgettable moments. You are sure to bring a suitcase full of great experiences, and you will return to your routine with a great desire to repeat the experience.
All the tips you have seen for travelling with children and grandparents will help you to enjoy your getaway even more. At Camping Villasol we have the same objective, so we invite you to choose us and make us your next destination.