If this summer you have chosen Benidorm as your holiday destination with children, you can’t miss the offer of water activities and water sports that its beaches have to offer!
Benidorm is well known for its beaches and they are undoubtedly one of the main attractions of the Costa Blanca.
In these temperatures, water sports are perfect! Get your adrenaline pumping with jet skiing and water skiing, go windsurfing or flyboarding or discover the fascinating underwater world with a morning of scuba diving. Want to know the best water activities in Benidorm? Read on!
Water activities for families
Water activities for the whole family is one of the most fun options to enjoy Benidorm and have a great time with the kids. You’re all set for your summer in Benidorm, you’ve checked the weather page and you’ll find sun and high temperatures all week… Swimming costumes are a must!
The beach and the sea are the favourite places for children (and not so children), so if you are looking for activities adapted to the youngest members of the family, perhaps you have thought about putting a day of fun in the sea on your agenda.
Travelling with children, especially if they are very young, is a problem for many parents, as it means choosing quieter destinations with parks or activities designed for children. Benidorm is an ideal destination as it offers all the plans you can imagine by the sea.
Water activities Benidorm
There are water activities in Benidorm that will make you spend unforgettable days on its beaches. The approximate time for these activities depends on the price and is usually fixed by the hour. One, two, a whole morning… you decide how long you can resist the fun of the sea!
Do you want to know what these activities are? We describe them below:
- Hidropedales: patinete, patín o hidropedal… es una de las elecciones más famosas en las playas de Benidorm. Cuentan desde cuatro a seis plazas. Esta sencilla embarcación incluye un tobogán, ideal para niños. Banana Boat: con una capacidad de hasta 10 personas, la banana está remolcada por un potente barco para asegurar la velocidad y diversión durante todo el viaje.
- Pedalos: pedal boats are one of the most popular choices on Benidorm’s beaches. They have from four to six seats. This simple boat includes a slide, ideal for children. Banana Boat: with a capacity of up to 10 people, the banana boat is towed by a powerful boat to ensure speed and fun throughout the trip.
- Flyfish: have you ever heard of flyfish? This is an inflatable attached to a boat, with a design and shape that makes it glide above the water. It is an activity for the most daring.
- Parasailing: parasailing allows you to discover Benidorm from the heights, as a couple or as a family. From the sky, your parachute moves gently in the wind and your instructor guides you from the boat. Participants take off and land on the same boat, getting wet is optional, but many people take the plunge after the flight!
- Paddle Surfing: one of the most popular water activities in recent years. Its benefits? It helps to strengthen endurance, clear the mind, gain strength and improve balance. Perfect for a leisurely stroll along the sea.
- Snorkelling: Benidorm’s calm waters allow for easy snorkelling routes. It’s a fun way to get to know the marine life and the underwater environment. We recommend the area of Cala Del Tio Ximo, in the Rincón de Loix. This area is not very touristy and is a luxury for snorkelling.
- Diving: If you want to discover the beauty of the Mediterranean Sea, Benidorm has marine reserves just a few miles away.
Among the most popular activities and sports to enjoy on the Costa Blanca, at the top of the list are jet ski rentals and kayak excursions.
Jet ski rental in Benidorm
Do you feel like a fish in water and are you passionate about speed? On both Levante and Poniente beaches it is possible to rent jet skis or jet skis and you can do it alone or in pairs.
Discover the island of Benidorm, the coves, the cliffs of Sierra Helada or the view of the skyscrapers of Benidorm from the bay.
Despite the power of the jet skis, you don’t need a nautical qualification for this water sport, as a guide or instructor accompanies you at all times. The minimum age to drive a jet ski is 16 years old, always with parental authorisation.
Kayak in Benidorm
Have you ever been on a kayak trip along the Costa Blanca? From Benidorm, in double kayaks just a little away from the beautiful Levante Beach, you can find places that are truly marvellous.
Feel the freedom of the Mediterranean Sea paddling through its waters, on a route where you will also learn team-building with your kayaking companions. Kayaking, as well as being a super fun sport and easy technique, allows you to enjoy the sea while watching the scenery.
Physical activity, nature… after a light paddle, you’ll find the perfect place to swim and snorkel in crystal clear waters. Kayak trips often include souvenir photos for the whole family.
Have you already booked your dream holiday in Benidorm with Camping Villasol? Don’t wait any longer and mark in your calendar a few days of beach, leisure, gastronomy and excursions on the Costa Banca.
At Camping Villasol we are delighted to present you with all the latest news about activities to keep the whole family entertained, contact us.