Although Camping Villasol offers you all types of accommodation, it is possible that before visiting us you may wonder which sleeping bag to choose. They are used both for resting in tents and in the open air. The latter is the favourite option for some people. No wonder, as sleeping under the stars has a unique charm. Beyond romanticism, let’s see what options you have.
Why is it important to know which sleeping bag to choose?
Knowing which sleeping bag to choose is vital to ensure a good night’s sleep. You may think that a couple of nights or more can be uncomfortable. It’s a mistake, a bad night won’t allow you to enjoy a good day and if they pile up, they could ruin your holiday.
Whether this is the first sleeping bag you buy or you have had one before, it is essential that you make the right choice. How do you do this? By knowing its advantages and disadvantages.
What types of sleeping bag can you find?
We are now going to focus on the materials that almost all sleeping bags are made of: feathers and fibres. We show you their main characteristics, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of feather sleeping bags?
The first thing we’d like to point out about down sleeping bags is that they are more comfortable. It’s almost like sleeping with the duvet on your bed, if we leave aside some obvious differences. Having said that, let’s see what their main advantages are compared to the fibre ones:
- Storage. The feather sleeping bag can be folded down to a minimum size. Once you open it, it returns to its usual shape without any problems.
- Warmth. Feathers retain heat better, as they expand to create a space that stores the temperature of the person sleeping inside them.
- Qualities. Depending on your budget, you can opt for different feather qualities. This is a value that is measured in Cuin and will allow you to choose the model that best suits you in every way. Some mix down and feathers, but keep in mind that down is even better than feather.
Like everything in life, feather bags also have some disadvantages, these are the following:
- Price. Due to its quality, its price is also higher than that of fibre bags.
- Rain. If you are going to sleep outdoors and it rains, or the bag gets wet for any other reason, you are lost. You will get completely wet, something that does not happen with fibre bags.
- Animal origin. While some brands guarantee that the feathers do not come from live animals, others do not. This is an issue that may represent a problem of conscience for you. So bear this in mind when buying this item. If you want to be sure that the origin of the feathers is respected, check if the company that manufactures the bag is a member of the OIA Sustainability Working Group or the European Outdoor Group.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of fibre sleeping bags?
Surely you have used a fibre coat and a down coat, and if so, the basic differences will be clear to you. However, we have to say that fibre sleeping bags are improving a lot and offer all these advantages:
- Quality. As we said, more and more work is being done to achieve higher quality fibres. We can say that we have achieved models that have little to envy to those of feathers or down.
- Rain. Although we have already said something, we want to insist that if a fibre bag gets wet, it is capable of retaining the warmth and still be comfortable.
- Washing. It washes and dries easily. In addition, it is less damaged than the feather ones with each wash.
- Price. They are much cheaper and do not lose as much quality as you might expect.
- Allergies. As they are not of animal origin, they do not produce any kind of allergy. If you have problems of this type, they are undoubtedly the best option for you.
The time has come for you to get to know the disadvantages of a fibre bag, they are these:
- Less heat. With the same range of material, fibre gives less warmth, as it compresses less than feather. When the bag expands, the difference is noticeable.
- Weight. Fibre sleeping bags weigh more than feather sleeping bags.
- Storage. Following on from the comments above, fibre sleeping bags store and transport less well than down sleeping bags.
Which sleeping bag to choose? I’m sure you already have the answer. For our part, we hope you enjoy your next holiday with us and in our facilities. Don’t forget to make your reservation now.