Just one month ago we entered the year 2021 and from Camping Villasol we invited all our colleagues to share their recipes for the new year. Our aim, apart from being able to chat with the team, share and have a few laughs, was for them to suggest their best recipes to welcome the year and select one of them to publish on our blog and share it to all our customers and friends.
Well, we already have the winning recipe and it is Sirloin steak in mushroom sauce, from our great colleague and friend Toñi Almansa. According to her, it is a simple and delicious dish to prepare. Do you dare to prepare this exquisite recipe of sirloin steak in mushroom sauce by Toñi? Read on and we will tell you all the steps here.
Sirloin steak with mushroom sauce recipe
- Sirloin of beef (or Iberian pork)
- 1 onion
- 300 grams of assorted mushrooms
- Pitted prunes
- One crushed tomato
- A spoonful of flour
- Red (or white) wine
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
How to prepare step by step sirloin steak with mushroom sauce
- Cut the sirloin into medallions, season with salt and pepper and dredge in a little flour. Fry the medallions in a little olive oil and set aside.
- In a frying pan over a low heat with a little olive oil, fry the onion and then add the mushrooms, the plums and the crushed tomato. Stir until the tomato water evaporates.
- Add the wine and flambé until the alcohol in the wine has evaporated.
- Finally, add the medallions and leave for a further 10 minutes over a medium heat… and ready to eat!
Thank you very much Toñi for sharing it with us and telling us all how we can make it, we will definitely try it!
If you would like to share your favourite recipes with us, we would love to receive them and why not, publish them on the blog!